Today, we’re talking to Sandra Costello, a photographer who is passionate about accepting people for who they are. Her favorite subjects are women because she loves digging deep and capturing more in a photo than just a pretty face. Her studio is a space to be yourself, be brave, and find new ways to appreciate who you are, exactly as you are.
We know you’ll love it so let’s grab road the snacks, call shotgun, and hit the road for another episode.
Today, we talk about…
- Why Sandra considers herself the “chief hugger” and why it’s important for her business.
- Sandra’s journey from a wedding photographer to someone who photographs a woman’s “brave moments.”
- Why women so often take themselves out of the picture.
- A favorite quote by Brenee Brown, “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen,” and why it’s so hard for women to let themselves be seen.
- How to be more comfortable in front of the camera.
- How Sandra interacts with her clients, and why getting to know them ahead of time makes for a better photograph.
- Sandra’s Brave Moments sessions.
- Why would someone decide to have a portrait taken if they’ve never done it before, and what they should expect.
- Sandra’s amazing talent for capturing the inner spirit of a subject and her work with high school graduates
- A few of Sandra’s favorite client experiences.
- Why it’s important to take pictures right now, and not wait until.. I grow my hair out/lose weight, get some sun, etc.
- How covid affected her and her business and how she pivoted to navigate this time of social distancing.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there.
We’re looking forward to our next road trip with you. Until then, thanks for riding shotgun.