Everyone in the travel industry is talking about sustainable travel, which isn’t surprising given the concern about client change and overtourism. How do we see the world while also being environmentally and socially responsible? It’s a big and important question; Luckily, the travel industry is ready to help us out. In today’s mini-podcast, Janine talks about the hottest topic of the year (so far), sustainable travel, and what it means to you and me.
In today’s episode, Janine talks about…
- What is sustainable travel and why is it important.
- How we to see the world without ruining the world.
- The three UN-sanctioned pillars to create environmentally friendly practices, protect natural & cultural heritage, and social and economic benefits to local communities.
- What’s up with flight shaming?
- Strategies to lessen our impact when we travel. Hint: It has to do with the train.
- The difference between a bubbler and water fountain.
We know you’ll love it, so press play and let’s hit the road.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there. We’re looking forward to our next road trip with you. Thanks for riding shotgun. Until next time…
You might also like: