Today, we’re talking Michelle Crean, Certified Personal Trainer and owner of Empowerment, a personal training service for women of all ages and fitness levels. Michelle’s passion for exercise began after the birth of her first son when she realized that in order to be the most effective mother she could be, she first had to be the strongest, healthiest version of herself.
Inspired by the notion of helping other women to transform themselves, and understanding firsthand the demands on women, she started Empowerment, to provide fitness training and healthy eating advice to women in the comfort of home. Michelle is passionate about helping every woman reframe her mindset so she can feel comfortable in her own skin, live a more energetic and confident life, and most importantly, feel strong inside and out.
Today we talked about…
- How Michelle started helping women find the confidence to make positive changes in their lives.
- Why women struggle with poor body image and negative self talk, and why it’s important to stop with the negativity.
- How Michelle flipped her own negative feelings about her body to feel more positive and confident.
- Why taking care of yourself doesn’t have to be an all or nothing proposition.
- How to break free from perfectionism and give yourself a little bit of grace.
- Why most popular workouts and workout equipment are designed for men.
- The difference between a reason and an excuse and why it’s important.
- Why we all need a moment (or two) of indulgence every once in a while.
- The five most important (and simple) ways to improve your health today (sorry Jane Fonda’s workout!).
- Why strenght training is so important as we age.
- Why true beauty comes from within.
- The 2020 calendar project that’s changing the lives of young girls (and how to get your own copy).
We know you’ll love it, so press play and let’s hit the road.
Connect with Michelle:
Thanks for listening to today’s episode of the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast! If you enjoyed the show, please head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there.