Welcome to the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast. Today, we’re joined by Joselyn Miller, a survivor of not one, but two life-threatening diseases. We’re talking about her new lease on life, the creation of her Butt Kick List, and her ability to look death in the eye and say “not today.” We’re thrilled to have her riding shotgun and hope you find inspiration to never give up and to understand that it’s actually possible to enjoy any experience, even battling a life-threatening illness or two.
Today we talk about…
- Joselyn’s life before, during and after her diagnosis.
- How to keep going when life hands you a big pile of what the hell.
- The importance of bone marrow donors.
- What happens when you donate or receive bone marrow, and why it’s not like on TV.
- Why staying positive when facing illness is so important.
- See adversity as a great adventure.
- Joselyn’s “ButtKick List” and her favorite adventure to date. Hint: It has to do with bulls and Spain.
- Delivering toothbrushes around the world with Joselyn’s nonprofit organization Global Grins.
- Joselyn’s work as a writer and artist.
This is an episode you won’t want to miss so press play and let’s hit the road.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there. We’re looking forward to our next road trip with you. Thanks for riding shotgun.
You might also like: