Children are dying after taking prescription opioids, stolen from household medicine cabinets. Our guest, Becky Savage, has gone through the unimaginable heartbreak of losing two sons in one night from a combination of opioids and alcohol. Now, Becky is using her heartbreak to educate other families about this danger. If you have teenagers or college-aged kids, you won’t want to miss this show.
Today we talk about…
- The story of Nick and Jack, two good kids who made a horrible decision.
- The danger of thinking it could never happen to you.
- The 525 Foundation and its work to educate kids and their parents.
- How to talk to your children about the dangers of opioids so they listen.
- The importance of giving your kids an exit plan when things get uncomfortable.
- Educating kids about “lifeline” laws, so they won’t be afraid to call for help.
- Why safely cleaning out your medicine cabinets is so important.
- The safe way to dispose of old prescription drugs.
- What we can do to help stop the opioid crisis.
This is episode is heartbreaking, but so important, so press play and let’s hit the road.
Connect with the 525 Foundation:
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast! If you enjoyed today’s show, please head over to iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there.
You might also like: