Today, we’re talking to Jessica Martin, co-founder of The Martin Hives Honey Company, a boutique honey company which she runs with her husband Sean Martin. Jessica is no stranger to pursuing her dreams with a brief stint as the owner of a local used-bookstore and her current day job as a realtor. She is proof positive that having an entrepreneurial spirit can successfully turn a hobby into a small business that’s lucrative and fun, especially when you’re the Queen Bee.
Today we talk about…
- How Jessica started in beekeeping, and why local honey is the best honey.
- The honey bee vs. all the other stinging insects about there. Hint: honey bees are the best.
- Fun facts about bees and honey.
- The best way to start your own hive as a hobby or a business.
- A day in the life of a beekeeper.
- How to turn a hobby into a business.
- What it’s like working with your spouse.
- Advice for fledgling beekeepers?
We know you’ll love it, show press play and let’s hit the road!
Connect with Jessica or buy some honey.
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast! If you enjoyed today’s show, please head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there.