Welcome to the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast. Today, we’re talking to Lori Massicot a certified nutrition coach, sober coach, podcast host and lover of all things mid-life about her decision to quit drinking at age 45 and how that decision changed everything.
Lori is the founder of To 50 & Beyond, a group coaching plan for women over 40. Lori helps women stop numbing out over food and alcohol to start living a healthy happy life free from guilt, shame, and regret.
Today we talk about…
- Why a lot of women get to mid-life and say “enough is an enough,” whether it’s a job, marriage, or personal/health issue.
- What changed for Lori when she stopped drinking.
- How sobriety was the catalyst for restructuring Lori’s life and creating something that was a longtime dream.
- What to do if your family and friend’s don’t accept the “new you.”
- Why a lot of women use alcohol, food, or destructive behavior to cope with anxiety and stress, and how to deal with that anxiety when you stop the negative and embrace the positive.
- Why women settle for less.
- What is it about mid-life that kicks us in the pants to make changes.
- What Lori thinks about the so-called mid-life crisis and what it means for women in particular.
- How decluttering your mind, body, and home frees you to do better things.
We know you’ll love this episode, so press play and let’s hit the road.
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast! If you enjoyed today’s show, please head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there.
You might also like: