In today’s show, we hopped in the convertible with Shelley Merchant from Taming Frenzy who gave us tips about how to live better with less frenzy.
We all experience different types of frenzy at different points in our lives. As women, we often feel crazed with too much to do and too many people to take care of, while also trying to take care of ourselves.
Turns out, we don’t have to live in a constant state of frenzy. Shelley thinks once we stop, take a breath, and adopt some of her tips, we’ll have better relationships, more joy in our lives, and time for ourselves.
Sign me up.
In this episode we learned:
Why the weight of our roles as mom, wife, and employee (among others) add to the chaos because we believe (incorrectly) the sky will fall if we stop “juggling the chainsaws” of responsibility.
The problem is when we’re so focused on the “chainsaw” in the air we end up missing the audience’s reaction, meaning, we’re missing life.
Shelley gave us some great insights and tips to tame the frenzy, including:
- How facing frenzy with confidence, persistence, and determination makes all the difference.
- How to get organized and stop feeling so scattered and stressed.
- Why systems and schedules are necessary.
- The importance of asking the right question when trying to figure out “What should I do with the rest of my life?”
- How to say no without sounding like a jerk.
- How to thrive in each new stage of life.
- Practical tips you can start today.
Shelley is like a good friend giving us advice over a cup of tea or wine. We know you’ll love it, so press play and let’s get rolling.
Thanks for listening to today’s episode of the Messy Middle Road Trip podcast! If you enjoyed the show, please head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more women fearlessly navigating the middle of life. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook or Instagram to see what’s happening over there.